Guest surveys are an essential tool for a hotelier to collect valuable guest data, however, to receive a large amount of data, and the right data, you need to ask the right questions in your hotel guest survey. Yet, it is not always easy to know what questions to ask.
What Information Do I Need that a Guest Survey Can Provide?
To ask the right questions, it is important to first define the aims of your survey clearly, and what information you want to get out of it. A hotel guest survey can give you information about every aspect of the guest journey: from check-in to check-out. If you notice a frequently mentioned issue in your online reviews, you can use a hotel guest survey to dig deeper. Or if you recently implemented new technology, or refurbished certain rooms, you can get feedback on it.
What Are The Basic Questions I Should Ask in a Hotel Guest Survey?
There are a few questions you should include in your survey to get the most out of it:
- How would you rate your overall stay with us? This score will provide you with a good overview of how the experience is at your property and allow you to easily track your performance month by month.
- How likely are you to recommend our establishment? A satisfied guest will not necessarily recommend your establishment, which is why it is important to measure the likelihood of your guests recommending your hotel.
- What did you enjoy the most? Gaining feedback about your strengths can be useful to improve your marketing and sales strategy.
- Is there any way we could improve your stay? Asking about your areas to improve is essential to get feedback and data on where to prioritize improvements. Make sure that when an issue is raised, you follow up with a question to define the department, so you can report on it later.
- Did anyone from our staff provide exceptional service that exceeded expectations? This question can be interesting to reward staff members who go the extra mile and increase staff morale and motivation.
- Avoid redundant questions. By using PMS information, you can avoid questions about basic information like gender, or demographics, making the survey short and relevant.
How Can I See My Data Displayed After I Collect it in a Hotel Survey?
If you send out guest surveys via a hotel guest survey solution, you will be able to analyze the data on the platform, segmented per department, traveler type, market, etc. so that you can better understand and improve your performance.