We have recently published our Top Luxury Hotel & Brand Report for the second year running. Analyzing almost two million online guest reviews published during 2014, we evaluated a total of 2,330 properties that pertain to 117 luxury brands worldwide.
Our report showcases the top brands and individual hotels based on the Global Review Index™ (GRI™), the industry standard online reputation score, calculated from guest reviews from 161 online travel agencies (OTAs) and review sites in 45 languages. Besides overall guest satisfaction scores (GRI™), the study also evaluates guest satisfaction performance for service, value, cleanliness and location.
Key findings of the report revealed:
• In terms of overall online guest satisfaction, Olare Mara Kempinski, Masai Mara (GRI™ 99.0%) was the best performing Individual Luxury Hotel, Library Hotel Collection (GRI™ 95.3%) the best performing Small Luxury Brand and Belmond (GRI™ 93.0%) the best performing Large Luxury Brand.
• The average GRI™ of the Top 25 Small Luxury Brands was 92.2%, 4% higher than the GRI™ of the Top 25 Large Luxury Brands (89.1%).
• The luxury hotel segment experienced a 36% surge in the total number of online reviews from the previous period (1,947,060 versus 1,429, 779).
• Luxury hotel guests wrote on average 836 reviews per year per hotel, 80% of which were positive.
• TripAdvisor continued to be the largest online review source for luxury hotels, generating 28% of total reviews. Booking.com overtook Facebook to become the second largest review source, more than doubling review volume within the year.
RJ Friedlander, CEO of ReviewPro said, “We are pleased to recognize the top performing individual luxury hotels and brands in our 2015 report. This industry focused study showcases the most successful properties and groups across the globe that set the standard for delivering unforgettable experiences, as reflected in their online guest satisfaction scores.”
Do you see your hotel featured? Tweet us @ReviewPro on Twitter!
To download the full report, click here.