The Global Review Index™
What is it?
- A general online reputation score for an individual hotel, group of hotels or chain.
- Based on data taken from all major online travel agencies and review sites and can be calculated for a given point in time (day, week, month, year, etc.)
How it is calculated?
- All review sites require the consumer to give a general evaluation of their experience. This quantitative assessment is normally based on a rating between 0-5 or 0-10, but varies by review site
- The Global Review Index™ is calculated on a daily basis for each hotel by analyzing the quantitative scores associated with reviews posted
- The Global Review Index™ for a specific date range is the average of the daily Global Review Index™ scores that have been calculated during that date range
- Calculated with a proprietary algorithm developed by ReviewPro in conjunction with input from industry experts and advisors from leading graduate programs in hospitality management
What it is not?
- It is not an average of all review scores
What is it used for?
- To benchmark a given hotel, group of hotels or chain, make comparisons between properties, compare results with their competitors and track the evolution of a hotels performance over time
- ReviewPro clients also use the Global Review Index™ to set quality objectives as well as optimize online pricing and distribution strategies